Technical Presales / Lead Generator
AtZ is a well-established marine engineering product, service and solutions provider. Looking to expand its existing business as well as enter new markets, it plans to increase resources within its sales team.
This new permanent role is intended to support existing Sales and Project Engineers by identifying potential business and customers, researching them and creating business leads. By directing targeted phone calls, emails and visits towards these leads, the role would deliver well defined opportunities and make meeting appointments for the business Sales and Project teams. The Sales and Project teams then carry these opportunities through to Order and Delivery.
As a dynamic and growing business with multiple sites across the UK, there may be future sales opportunities into which the successful candidate could progress.
To be successful in the role, the applicant must be:
- Able to approach potential customers, promoting AtZ’s capabilities and the opportunities for their business
- Capable of identifying the best method, and right contacts within target businesses to capture their attention – on the phone, by email or any other means of contact
- Fluent in written and spoken English – a highly effective communicator
- Able to make efficient use of the internet, search engines, LinkedIn, Industry listings, publications and other sources to find relevant information to define opportunities
- Comfortable preparing for and making phone calls, with a professional manner and approach, often speaking with new potential customers for the first time
- Able to complete, collate and present identified potential leads using spreadsheets and tables
- Capable of constructing clear and relevant follow up email or online communications, attaching relevant information as required
- Prepared to rise to a challenge – ready to go and find missing information
Beneficial for the applicant to be:
- Technically aware, or with marine / engineering experience
- Experienced in business to business sales or business development
- Outgoing and confident, enjoys making new contacts and networking
- Self-starting, able to manage your own activities to meet and exceed targets
- Proactive, tenacious, committed and hungry for success
- Willing to make mistakes, learn from them and be more successful as a result
Location and hours:
The role is based in Hamble, Southampton with usual business hours of 0830 to 1700 Monday to Thursday and 0830 to 1600 Friday, with a one hour lunch break. Occasional travel to other business sites, suppliers or to visit customers may be required.
£22k-£28k basic dependent on experience
Performance related bonus
24 days holiday in addition to English Bank Holidays
Company pension scheme
To apply for this role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 4th May 2018